In the quest for a more youthful and refined appearance, people have turned to various cosmetic procedures, both surgical and non-surgical. Kybella is one such revolutionary non-surgical treatment that has gained popularity for its ability to eliminate submental fat, commonly known as a double chin. This innovative injectable offers a non-invasive and effective solution for those looking to redefine their jawline and enhance their facial profile.
What Is Kybella?
Kybella, also known as deoxycholic acid, is an FDA-approved injectable treatment designed to target and eliminate excess fat under the chin. Deoxycholic acid is a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. When injected into the submental area, Kybella works by breaking down and destroying fat cells, allowing the body to metabolize and eliminate them naturally.
Cleansing and exfoliation: The first step involves cleansing and exfoliating the skin to remove dead skin cells and impurities. A special serum is applied to the skin, which helps to loosen dirt and debris.
Acid Peel: A gentle acid peel is then applied to the skin, which helps to remove dead skin cells and unclog pores.
Extractions: The machine’s suction device is used to extract impurities and debris from the pores.
Hydration: A special serum is then applied to the skin to hydrate and nourish it.
LED Light Therapy: Finally, an LED light therapy treatment is used to further improve the skin’s health and appearance.
Benefits of Kybella:
1. Non-Surgical Solution: One of the most significant advantages of Kybella is its non-surgical nature. It eliminates the need for invasive procedures such as liposuction or neck lifts, reducing the associated risks, recovery time, and scarring.
2. Targeted Fat Reduction: Kybella is specifically designed to address the stubborn fat deposits under the chin. It’s an excellent option for individuals who have localized fat in this area and want a more sculpted jawline.
3. Improved Facial Profile: Kybella can help enhance your overall facial profile by eliminating a double chin, making you appear slimmer and more youthful.
4. Long-Lasting Results: Once the fat cells are destroyed by Kybella, they don’t return. The results are permanent, making it a cost-effective option in the long run.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Kybella?
Kybella is suitable for a wide range of individuals looking to improve their chin and neck area. Good candidates typically include those who:
1. Have a noticeable double chin or submental fat that affects their self-esteem.
2. Are in good overall health and have realistic expectations about the results.
3. Want a non-invasive alternative to surgical procedures for fat reduction.
4. Are not pregnant or nursing, as the safety of Kybella in these situations is not well-documented.
5. Are willing to undergo a series of treatment sessions, as multiple sessions may be required to achieve optimal results.
It’s essential to consult with a qualified healthcare provider or dermatologist to determine if Kybella is the right option for you. They will evaluate your specific needs and customize a treatment plan accordingly.
Frequently Asked Questions About Kybella
Kybella has emerged as a popular non-surgical solution for those looking to eliminate the dreaded double chin. Approved by the FDA in 2015, this injectable treatment has gained recognition as a safe and effective method for addressing submental fat. However, many people still have questions about Kybella. In this article, we’ll address some of the most frequently asked questions regarding this innovative cosmetic procedure.
1. What is Kybella?
Kybella is a prescription medicine designed to treat moderate to severe submental fat, commonly known as a double chin. It is composed of synthetic deoxycholic acid, which is a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat.
2. How does Kybella work?
When injected into the area under the chin, Kybella targets and breaks down fat cells. The body then naturally processes and eliminates the damaged fat cells over time, resulting in a more contoured and defined jawline.
3. Is Kybella safe?
Kybella is an FDA-approved treatment for submental fat, which means it has undergone rigorous testing to ensure its safety and efficacy. However, like any medical procedure, there may be potential side effects, including swelling, bruising, pain, and numbness in the treated area. It is essential to consult a qualified medical professional for an evaluation and personalized recommendations.
4. How long does a Kybella treatment session take?
A typical Kybella session lasts about 15 to 20 minutes. The exact duration may vary depending on the number of injections needed and the treatment plan designed for each individual.
5. How many Kybella sessions are required?
The number of sessions needed varies from person to person and depends on the amount of submental fat and the desired outcome. Many people see noticeable results after two to four sessions, with up to six sessions being recommended in some cases. Your healthcare provider will help determine the right treatment plan for you.
6. What is the recovery process like after Kybella treatment?
Recovery from Kybella is generally mild. You can expect some swelling, bruising, and tenderness around the treated area, but these side effects usually subside within a few days to a week. It is recommended to avoid strenuous physical activity and to apply cold compresses to minimize swelling.
7. How long do the results of Kybella last?
The results of Kybella are long-lasting since the treatment permanently destroys fat cells. However, maintaining a healthy lifestyle with proper diet and exercise is essential to prevent the accumulation of new fat in the treated area.
8. Are there any restrictions or precautions after Kybella treatment?
Patients are generally advised to follow post-treatment guidelines provided by their healthcare provider. This may include avoiding alcohol and certain medications that can increase the risk of bleeding and swelling.
9. Who is a suitable candidate for Kybella?
Kybella is most suitable for individuals with moderate to severe submental fat and those looking for a non-surgical alternative to procedures like liposuction. However, Kybella may not be recommended for pregnant or nursing women, people with certain medical conditions, or those with unrealistic expectations regarding the treatment’s outcomes.
10. How much does Kybella cost?
The cost of Kybella treatment can vary depending on factors such as the number of sessions required and the location of the clinic. On average, a Kybella session may cost from $600-$2,400 depending on the amount of injectables needed.
Kybella is a safe and effective solution for reducing submental fat, but it’s essential to consult a qualified healthcare provider to determine whether it’s the right option for you. As with any medical procedure, understanding the process and setting realistic expectations are key to achieving the desired results. If you’re interested in Kybella, schedule a consultation with a trained professional to get personalized guidance and answers to any specific questions you may have.
Learn more about Kybella here